28.7.09

Robot Philosopher and the Invincible Mullet

Watching MST3K with N8 and Big Al. That is a pretty good show. Don't you agree?




Here are some of my new favorite things from the World Wide Web. This link, which comes suspiciously close to hacking the real world, and its internet counterpart. I like it when systems
which are designed to be exploitative are themselves exploited for their flaws! I just like it when people who try to fuck other people are, themselves, fucked! Okay? I'm trying to be less angry and vindictive but it just... isn't... working.

Anything that can make me consider more deeply my relationship with my body, never mind my glands, is okay by me. "My relationship with my body." Yeesh.

Bertrand Russell On Mind And Body Problem - VidoEmo - Emotional Video Unity

Finally, this.

On the analog front, besides being a bit of recluse, I'm currently trying to finish up
Fables of Identity so I can really pour myself into The Tibetan Book of the Dead; the real title is Bardo Thodol and is more accurately referred to as The Great Book of Liberation Through Understanding in the Between, which sounds pretty all right to me. Then I would like to read a really good novel after that; any suggestions for a solid, really engrossing read? I haven't had any really stellar book recommendations in a long time. I like Kundera, Joyce, and most graphic novels of any ambition or quality. Stuff that is difficult but fun-difficult, like a puzzle or a game.
Good music recommendations are always welcomed, too. I've been into Grouper, Stevie Wonder, and pretty much anything I haven't heard yet.

Alternately, what should I do this weekend? I want to get out of the house.

Love,

Hawkwind Albumcover



edit: Tom Lehrer rules. Thanks, buddy.



edit 2: (fake edit)

No comments:

Post a Comment